Last night was a rough evening in our household. My K girl would NOT eat her dinner. A hot dog! How much more child friendly can you get?! She would take a bite and hold it in her mouth for about forever, then I would spank her, then she would swallow it, then she would take the next bite and we would start again. For 4 bites worth! You think she would get the idea! I was determined to win. She is stubborn but I am MOMMY! After she finally finished, we snuggled for a bit, but oh it wore me out!
Fast forward to bed time. She has this new "thing" of taking forever to say goodnight to me. She wants another item in her bed--tonight it was Snoopy. "No you already have too many." Bad attitude. Then she wants another kiss-hug. Then no covers. And it goes on and on. Needless to say, when all was done, I was ready for the night to be over!
There are many times that I say I wish I could run away for a few hours by myself. But when I do get that chance, I am missing my kiddies and trying to hurry back to them. You moms out there will understand. After my stressful evening, I logged on to check my email. I had an email entitled "Love is...." Here are a few to make you smile. They made me smile and were just what I needed after last evening. Thanks Mom.
'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' Billy - age 4
'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.' Terri - age 4 (that described me perfectly last night)
'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.' Bobby - age 7
'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.' Tommy - age 6
And the final one was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry'
Thank you Lord for my beautiful kiddies. Help me to be the best Mommy ever.
The BEST big sister!
9 years ago
4 comments:
Luke has started holding food in his mouth and not swallowing. What's up with that? And when we spank him for it, he cries and it all runs down his face and shirt. Drives me crazy!
Oh...I've sooo had moments similar to yours and they are sooo exhausting. But this too shall pass...and then it will be something else. Ha!
these are the moments that you will remember when she is grown a bit. also, this is one of the reasons i blog, to vent my frustrations and get encouraged when i feel "low."
Our middle one went through that because she didn't want to ask to be excused from the table. We endured almost an hour of the run around and she's been fine ever since. It can be EXHAUSTING dealing with kids, but isn't it calming to sit in the quiet once they are in bed and thank the Lord for their little personalities and the love you have for them? Ahhhh . . .
Post a Comment