Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ear infections-again

My K girl has an ear infection-again. This is her first one this season. I hope it is not a sign of things to come. She had tubes put in both ears back in January of 2007 and the right one replaced January of 2008. She has had numerous ear infections! This time, my clue was the red-tinged drainage out of her right ear. I took her to her new pediatrician yesterday. The doctor said the infection and pus was so thick that she couldn't tell if the tube was even still in place. So K is now on antibiotics and ear drops. Hopefully this will help cure some of her extreme grumpiness! That is another clue with my kids--when they are horribly grumpy they probably have an ear infection (C struggled with them when he was young too). I'm just praying that this will make her feel better and that we won't have to deal with this all winter. Poor girl.

2 comments:

momma said...

i'm so sorry for her and you! we've been fortunate to not have battled the ear infections, but my brother's kiddies have. it's not fun!!

we get respiratory infections.

Jessie said...

Aww...poor girl. I'll pray it clears up soon. My Katie was horrible with ear infections when she was younger. I feel for ya.